Thursday, April 10, 2008

When performing an automatic workflow, customizing error messages appear. Why?

In SWU3 (Automatic Workflow Customizing) I ran "Perform Automatic Workflow Customizing" but "Configure RFC Destination" and "Maintain Web Server" activity did not activate; there is a red "x" mark beside them. I am also getting the error message: "RFC User could not be created". What do I do?

First of all, do not worry about the Maintain Web Server entry unless you plan on using some of the Webflow functionality available to workflow. In most of the systems that I have been dealing with, this is also a red "x".

I would be more concerned about the "RFC User could not be created" step. Have you checked SU53 (after you execute the SWU3 transaction) to see if there are indeed any authorization issues. Otherwise, you may want to consider OSS.

No comments:

Blog Archive